Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Imaging: at what distance?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ron,

    Just because of you, I will try out one of my old tube amps on my 19's. I have a pair of Dynaco Mark III's that I need to rebuild (either modify or not modify to the "new" input stage / phase inverter stage???). I don't know if this mod will decrease their value or what. I also have a 25 WPC Heath that was cut from a Heathkit receiver (tin snips - not real pretty). I just can't imagine SET for me, but I did hook up a very small transistor radio with 400 MW out to an A7 with amazing output. It sounded like c*r*a*p, but it was loud enough to fill the room with screechy music!

    I have the Clapton 2 CD Blues set and I love almost ALL of the studio and the live sets. I have ZZtops "one foot in the blues" and I really love it, too! I guess I need a special room to listen "loud", because my wife seems to think it's always too loud!!! Not everyone likes/needs live concert levels.

    Yes, I would like to hear your setup, BUT Portland and Atlanta are about as far apart as we could get in the US!

    Richard C.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member rafaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2005
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Guys:

    Briefly my two cents worth. Coaxials drivers were of most benefit to me in NEARFIELD studio monitors. In that use you want freq and phase consistant response in a close sitting position to allow accurate mixing. Twenty feet away driver separation is less noticeable and imaging is less affected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.